Looking for something to do with the kids this Half Term? Wimbledon is filled with workshops and activities that are sure to delight children of all ages!
Despite being closed for renovation, Polka Theatre are hosting a great range of interactive activities to spark the curiosity in your little ones this half-term. All events below will be held at New Wimbledon Theatre.
- PROPerty of Polka Drama Workshop: Tuesday 18 February, 10.30am – 3.30pm
Delve into the box of Polka props to see what you can find… a mask, puppet, hat, a ship in a bottle and so much more! A creative acting workshop for budding actors to develop short scenes and then show these off to family and friends at the end of the day.
- Sing a song with Polka: Wednesday 19 February, 10.30am – 3.30pm
Join this all-singing, all-dancing, all-acting Musical Theatre workshop! Bring some of our favourite Polka songs to life from a number of our popular shows including; Chocolate Cake, The Everywhere Bear and The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me. Share what has been created with family and friends at the end of the day.
- Polka’s Treasure Chest of Stories Workshop: Thursday 20 February, various times available.
Create a brand new ‘Once Upon A Time…’ adventure together with our storyteller, who will use these four magical words to help take you on a journey to the farthest reaches of your imagination. Bring in your treasured toy and go on a magical story adventure. Where will we go? What will we see? Who will we be?!
- Storytime: Monday 17 February and Thursday 20 February, 11am – 11.30am, and Tuesday 18 February, 2.15pm – 2.45pm.
Listen to your favourite stories in this exciting fun-filled half hour.
- Little Folk with Albo: Friday 21 February, 11.15am – 11.45am
Sing-along to nursery rhymes and folk songs, for children.
- Free Children’s Film Screening: Monday 17 February, 14:00 – 16:00A young boy teams up with his new baby brother to take down an evil businessman.
- Fun With Phonics: Wednesday 19 February, 2pm-3pm
Helping you sound out words accurately so you can become fearless learners of the future!
- First Aid Training For Children: Wednesday 19 February, 4pm-6pm
Run by British Red Cross
- Book Launch – Max and Xam by Ariane Hofmann-Maniyar: Saturday 22 February, 3pm-5pm
With reading, signing and crafts.
Or simply take a break from the half-term madness and set your children a challenge – ‘How many animals can you find?’
Wimbledon Library now features a great new children’s display with a unique theme, sensory equipment and books for children with special educational needs & disabilities (SEND).
- Various demonstrations including children’s favourites Bukugan and Power Pux, and a Lego Make and Take.
- Great 44 Cats, PJ Mask and DC Superhero competitions with fantastic prizes to be won, including family trips to Legoland and more!
All between 10am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
(Check The Entertainer page for further details)
- Share a great viewing experience with your children this half-term and let their imaginations run wild with Odeon’s selection of children’s movies featuring everything from fairytale fantasies to animated favourites. Visit their website to check up-to-date listings of great family friendly films that will turn any frown upside down.
- Pop-Up Planetarium: Running between 11am – 4pm, daily from 15th – 21st February.
Explore the night sky in Centre Court’s Shopping ‘To the Stars and Back’ pop-up planetarium this half-term. Includes a 20-minute show inside the pop-up planetarium with dress-up suits and space food available too! Book your place under the stars by visiting centrecourtshopping.com.
- Take a wander through Wimbledon to view great free art including Love Wimbledon’s ‘It’s Oh So Quiet’ Street Art collaboration and the Rainbow Crossing, or go further afield and visit the landmarks of Secret Wimbledon.
Please see venue websites for details of age ranges for events and associated costs.