Gyms are finally re-opening in Wimbledon!
Following recent government announcements lifting the restrictions on leisure businesses, gyms in Wimbledon Town Centre have been working up a sweat, making improvements to ensure that they can welcome you back safely and comfortably.
Wimbledon Town Centre is home to eight health clubs, including three with pools.
Ahead of gyms re-opening, we caught up with Hash, the owner of Fitness Space to find out more about the safety protocols they are putting in place. Fitness Space Wimbledon is a family-owned independent gym. They’ve been running outdoor and virtual classes during the temporary closing of the gym.
What safety protocols have you implemented?
- In addition to our regular cleaning, we’ve introduced an hourly deep clean which includes the use of a fogging machine to sanitise a wider area.
- Safety screens have been installed between cardio equipment.
- We’ve installed HEPA air purifiers to support air quality.
- Training zones are marked by social distancing areas on the floor and there are health and safety signs posted around the gym.
What can members expect when returning to the gym?
- Members will be required to book a time slot to visit the gym and register for classes, using the Fitness Space app.
- Fitness classes within the venue will be limited capacity to adhere to social distancing regulations but virtual classes will still be running.
- Their temperature will be checked upon arrival and a check-in health commitment form will need to be filled in, with acknowledgement that they are not displaying Covid symptoms.
- There is limited capacity to the number of people who can be using the facilities at any given time to allow for social distancing but as Fitness Space has always operated on a capped membership, members should have no problem booking a slot to train.
- Towel service is currently on hold but we are offering a free branded towel to the first 200 members that return.
- We’ve removed the water fountains and ask that member bring their own bottle or we have free bottled water if needed.
How can more vulnerable members feel comfortable training in Fitness Space?
- Members who are more vulnerable or uneasy about returning to the gym can train in confidence in one of our two separate designated training zones in our studios, provided there are no classes running during that time.
Hash says –
“We can’t wait to welcome you back from the 25th July. We care about our members and put their interests first.”
Click here to view the full list of health clubs in Wimbledon.