Wimbledon Is Opening Its Doors To You
With more shops and eateries re-opening every day, Wimbledon Town Centre is springing back to life and is ready to welcome you back!
The time has come to truly #LoveLocal. Love Wimbledon has been working hard to ensure that you can safely shop again around town, with many of Wimbledon’s fabulous stores and eateries ready to re-open, serving you with great products and dishes once again!
- Set up ‘What’s Open’ pages for a one-stop overview of the shops and restaurants open in town
- Undertaken a deep clean of the town centre
- Installed contactless public hand sanitiser stations on The Piazza and outside Wimbledon Station
- Provided funky pavement vinyls to help you keep socially-distanced in queues
- Brightened up the streets with floral hanging baskets and giant planters (kindly donated by the All England Lawn and Tennis Club)
- Installed colourful lamppost and railing banners
- Created vibrant concrete barriers outside the New Wimbledon Theatre (with help of Firecrackers Works and Merton Council)
- Hosted the successful return of the Monthly Local Market on The Piazza (adapted for Covid-19) with delectable delights being offered by local traders. The perfect place to pick up fresh bead, delicious bakes or hot treats. You can also order and collect from many of the stalls in advance, to help make your trip into Wimbledon even easier.
Both Centre Court and Elys will be opening their doors again on Monday 15th June with advanced measures to ensure you have a safe shopping experience. Many other shops and restaurants are set to re-open to so look out for our ‘We’re Open’ sign in their shop windows.
The last few months have been difficult for many, particularly owners of small, independent businesses in our town. This is the time to #LoveLocal, so we encourage you to pop in and visit these businesses, remembering that this is a greener option than shopping and ordering online!
Several local businesses have adapted incredibly well to the current pandemic, developing unique ideas to continue to provide you with their products/services via delivery, click and collect, and more (all contactless of course).
You can travel into Wimbledon safely, by walking or cycling in, and making use of the 250+ cycle racks available in the town centre.
Here at Love Wimbledon, we will continue to keep you up-to-date with what’s re-opening in the town centre, so that you can plan and prepare your visit accordingly:
Please remember to maintain your social distance when visiting the Town Centre.