Love is in the air in Wimbledon at these Romantic Restaurants
Roses are red, violets are blue, Wimbledon is the perfect place for a romantic meal for two. Whether you are looking for an intimate, candlelit rendezvous or just a casual, cosy outing, we’ve picked five places to dine on Valentine’s that will leave you and your amore all loved up.
• Bills – start your Valentine’s evening with a complimentary glass of Hedgerow Fizz at Bills Restaurant situated just behind the Odeon cinema. Offering a range of cuisine from fish to steak, the restaurant has an almost utilitarian New York vibe mixed with some added Bill’s sparkle. Contact: 0208 947 8285
• Suk Saran – if you are hoping to spice up your Valentine’s night, Suk Saran offers an excitingly exotic ambience with an exquisite and varied Thai menu. Situated at the foot of Wimbledon Hill Road, this romantic venue is the perfect choice for an intimate meal for two. Contact: 020 8947 9199
• The Stage Door Steakhouse – situated right opposite the New Wimbledon Theatre, The Stage Door restaurant is one of the oldest family-run establishments in town and offers a combination of delicious Greek cuisine with the best steak in town. Romantic and traditional, enjoy a cosy candlelit meal on Valentine’s Day and take home a beautiful rose to remember your special night. Contact: 020 8543 8128
• Sticks ‘n’ Sushi – offering a trendy mix of Japanese and Nordic cuisine, Sticks ‘n’ Sushi sits at the bottom of Wimbledon Hill Road, welcoming customers with its fashionable yet cosy atmosphere and culinary delights. Contact: 020 3141 8800
• San Lorenzo – occupying a key site round the corner from the station at the foot of the hill, San Lorenzo offers a classic taste of Italy with a mixture of comfort and upmarket style. Their special Valentine’s menu includes a choice of starters and mains to suit any palette, accompanied by a glass of champagne Prieur and a selection of delectable desserts for £49 a head. Contact: 020 8946 8463
By Ekaterina Botziou