Reduce your business costs with our services
Save Businesses Money
Our aim is to help businesses do business, whether an office or shop we provide cost savings initiatives and opportunities for you to make greener choices for a sustainable future.
From green energy to waste collection, recycling and safety compliance testing Love Wimbledon has formed partnerships to offer competitively priced services to save your business money. We also have relationships with great local suppliers for pest control or general repairs.
CONTACT LOVE WIMBLEDON 020 8619 2012
BUSINESSES HAVE SAVED OVER £7,000 BY USING OUR WEEE RECYCLING SERVICE
Power your business the green way.
Make a cleaner switch with First Mile Energy, powered by Octopus to provide you with certified 100% renewable energy via competitive pricing. To complement the sustainable waste and recycling service that they provide (see below) you can now power your business with green energy and reduce your business’ carbon footprint. With no disruption to your supply, no engineer or installer visits necessary and no exit fees.
First Mile are also offering free bespoke business sustainability advice to help your business find ways to become greener and reduce costs. To find out more email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Compliance Testing
By law, every business and organisation has to ensure that their workplace and equipment is safe and regularly tested to ensure compliance.
Love Wimbledon can assist you with:
- Fire Risk Assessment and Fire Marshal Training
- Fire Alarm and Fire Extinguisher Servicing
- Emergency First Aid at Work Courses
- Health & Safety and Workplace Risk Assessments
- Food Hygiene, Health & Safety
Waste Collections & Recycling
We have teamed up with award-winning, zero to landfill, recycling and waste company First Mile, to help you make terrific savings.
Through First Mile we can offer:
- FREE annual allocation of mixed or cardboard recycling
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) waste collection
- Reduced rates for all subsequent recycling and waste collections
- Food recycling – provision of a FREE starter pack to include caddies and a set of bags
- Daily waste and recycling collections
- FREE quarterly Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) recycling
- Pay as you go, and as you use with no long-term contract
OVER 445,000 KG OF WASTE RECYCLED
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
AS A BID LEVY PAYER ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS:
STEP 1 – Call First Mile on 0800 612 9894 quote ‘Love Wimbledon BID’
STEP 2 – Identify your requirements and your free allocation of bags will be delivered
STEP 3 – Enjoy an efficient waste collection service saving money and the environment
CONTACT FIRST MILE ON 0800 612 9894
Share Unwanted Packaging
Love Wimbledon BID businesses can sign up to Packshare for free, to receive and share packaging with neighbouring businesses and households, to help reuse waste packaging in Wimbledon. In every town in the UK, some businesses are buying in brand new packaging materials whilst others are paying to have the same materials taken away.
Packshare is a huge, searchable database of businesses around the UK who can reuse packaging, including independent high street shops, distributors, galleries, craftspeople, and online-only shops. To register, businesses need to provide basic details of their business and what packaging you can use, and to donate just search by your postcode and what you have.
Packaging can include everything from bubble wrap and cardboard boxes, to packing peanuts and plastic bags.
Avoid Food Waste
With practical tools to help your business avoid food waste, including a Cost Saving Skills course, Guardians of Grub is a great free resource from WRAP, one of the globe’s leading sustainability charities.
By empowering professionals across the Hospitality and Food Service sector to take a stand against wasted food, these tools can help your business avoid food waste that may be cutting into your profits.
Their summary checklist includes ideas such as:
- Checking if reducing portion sizes could reduce waste
- Offering the same menu item in different portion sizes
- Introducing takeaway containers such as ‘doggy boxes’ for leftovers
- Designing a smart menu using fewer ingredients
- Using trimmings to make other dishes