Many shops and restaurants are preparing to re-open on the 12th April, and we are thrilled to be welcoming all businesses back to Wimbledon over the next few weeks, after what feels like a long time.
Sector-specific government guidance is available to help your business understand how to work safely through the pandemic, as well as a series of webinars from Merton Council on how to operate through the roadmap out of lockdown. There are new requirements for collecting data for the NHS Test & Trace for the Hospitality, Leisure and Close Contact sectors. New financial support, including Restart and Additional Restrictions Grants, can help your business through these difficult times. Please regularly check our Financial Support page for updates on funding.
Businesses with over ten employees that cannot offer Covid-19 testing on-site to their staff, can register to receive free lateral flow rapid tests. For organisations with less than ten employees, rapid testing will soon become available for all. More details to be announced.
Tips for Re-Opening Your Business
Make sure your business is equipped to open safely and successfully by:
- Completing a risk assessment
- Keeping doors/windows open to allow for ventilation
- Cleaning your premises to create an appealing storefront and frequency of cleaning the interior
- Providing hand sanitiser available for use
- Reminding customers to wear face coverings and following social distancing
- Update your opening hours and let customers know how you’re operating, by setting up/improving your Google My Business profile
We are freshening up the town centre, in preparation for the return of visitors, with extra cleaning, bright banners, new Spring flowers and we have created a ‘Welcome Back’ pack with new ‘We’re Open’ posters and social distancing floor vinyls for our customer-facing businesses. We have an integrated promotional campaign planned across all our platforms and will be updating our website to support all our businesses as you return.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive timely and relevant business updates, visit our business events and news pages and follow us on social (LinkedIn, Twitter).
Welcome back, good luck and we are here to offer any support and advice to help you re-open your business successfully. Our team is on call via email or phone, so if you have any questions about the town’s response to Covid-19 or need help for your business then please get in touch with us directly.
Helen Clark Bell
020 8619 2012
Key dates for re-opening (subject to review):
Step 1: 8 March
- Schools and colleges
- Wraparound childcare
- Outdoor sport and leisure (from 29 March)
Step 2: no earlier than 12 April
- All retail
- Outdoor hospitality, table service only
- Indoor leisure, including gyms and pools
- Personal care such as hairdressers and nail salons
Step 3: no earlier than 17 May
- Indoor entertainment such as cinemas and children’s play areas
- Hotels and guest accommodation
- Some large events, including theatre performances (up to 1,000 people or 50% of a venue’s capacity, whichever is lower)
Step 4: no earlier than 21 June
- Other larger events