We are in regular contact with the Director of Public Health and the Merton Council Business Support to monitor Coronavirus in the town centre. Should any indication of a rising incident level occur, Love Wimbledon will promptly communicate actions required by the business community.
Covid-19 Workplace Testing
If you have 10 or more employees, and cannot provide testing in the workplace, you’ll be able to order tests for your employees to collect from their workplace and use at home twice a week. Find out more here. Employees can also find out if they can get a rapid lateral flow test from a local test site instead.
These are only for use for employees without symptoms. Anyone with symptoms should order a PCR test and stay at home.
Everyone will soon be able to order Covid-19 lateral flow tests online to be delivered to their home, and/or go to a participating local pharmacy and collect a box of 7 rapid tests to use twice a week at home. More details to come soon.
Reporting an Outbreak of Covid-19 in your Organisation
If there is an outbreak in your workplace then you should take the following steps:
- Identify the source of the possible or confirmed case(s)
- Report it to Public Health England Health Protection Team (PHE HPT)
- Respond according to the advice received by PHE HPT
The government has set guidelines and action cards by sector for reporting an outbreak in your business/organisation.
Please ensure that you are up-to-date on government guidance regarding Coronavirus. This includes:
- How to protect yourself and others from Coronavirus (e.g. wash hands, cover face and make space).
- What to do if you have Coronavirus symptoms (e.g. how to get tested, NHS test and trace, what to do if you’re told to self-isolate, and more).
Physical and Mental Health
The Covid-19 pandemic can affect individuals’ physical and also mental health. From holistic medicines and yoga studios, to gyms and fitness classes, there are plenty of ways to nourish your wellbeing in Wimbledon.