Crossrail 2 has created initial proposals to make Wimbledon station a main hub on the new CR2 network connecting South West London to North London. Clearly this could have both positive and negative effects on the town centre.
Continuing to get the business voice heard
Love Wimbledon is supportive of Crossrail 2 in principle – but not to the detriment of the town centre and the businesses that are here.
Love Wimbledon lobbies Crossrail 2, Merton Council and politicians, with the basic premise that any change MUST improve the town. From business feedback we have highlighted:
- The immediate requirement for the 2015 Safeguarding area maps to be updated to prevent planning blight
- Minimal impact from construction on businesses and customers in the town centre
- Plans for enhanced retail and leisure with improved public spaces
- Buildings of architectural significance protected
- Sustainable buildings and spaces with a 21st century station
- 100 year solution – not a quick fix
From All Party Parliamentary Groups, GLA forums to local residential groups, we continue to listen and to represent the business aspiration.