The government has launched the Eat Out To Help Out scheme to incentivise customers to eat at restaurants during the month of August, namely on slower days of the week.
The scheme is valid every Monday-Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020 and your business can offer a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in, which you can then claim back from the government.
The government will be doing a national promotion of the scheme and have provided free downloadable marketing materials for you to communicate your participation here.
We encourage you to register your business. It is essential to let us know you’re taking part so that we can promote this to the local community as part of our #LoveLocal campaign.
Who can register
You can register if your establishment:
- sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
- an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
- catering services for private functions
- a hotel that provides room service only
- dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
- mobile food vans or trailers
- If your application is based on dishonest or inaccurate information, your registration will be revoked.
For more details about eligibility, how to make a claim and to register, click here.