On Thursday 12th April Love Wimbledon and Merton Chamber of Commerce hosted a joint webinar with Merton Council to discuss what government support is available to businesses at this time, including grants and business rates relief.
It was a great opportunity for businesses to ask questions and gain clarification about options available to them. We’d like to thank everyone who attended and Merton Council for highlighting what is being done to help businesses recover from the Covid-19 situation.
Love Wimbledon is:
- Consolidating information from central government
- Lobbying for a London waiting to be applied to the £51k rateable value threshold given the higher listings in London
- Communicating with businesses and providing resources such as the checklist if you are closing your business, worked on with Merton Chamber of Commerce
- Co-ordinating support for businesses that remain open, facilitating support between businesses and the local community through donations and volunteers
- Maintaining street presence to reduce anti-social activity and keeping an eye on empty premises
- Working with community groups to accommodate the homeless
- Preparing for the recovery and will be a key driver in re-opening the Town Centre
Click here to watch a recording of the webinar.
Download a copy of the presentation here.
Be sure to check back for future webinars and get in touch if you’d like to address a specific topic or need additional advice and support for your business. email@example.com
Visit our dedicated Covid-19 page for collated resources to keep businesses up-to-date with government and financial support and public health guidance.