Update: Merton Council Wimbledon Masterplan
The council masterplan for Wimbledon is still in consultation and closes just after New Year. Love Wimbledon is overall supportive of the vision of the masterplan in particular that they have listened to business and residential feedback during the process to inform the journey. We will be issuing a full response in the next ten days read more here.
Some of the benefits for Wimbledon Town Centre from the masterplan include:
- Providing a flexible choice of retail space to entice varied businesses in the future
- Developing workspace to suit different needs
- Incorporating new civic space to develop an attractive central core
- Greening the town centre
- Decking over the tracks to create a less linear centre
- Improving leisure and cultural space (inside and out!) which includes community space that can be accessed during the day for exhibitions / events etc
- Designing a world-renowned transport interchange to be proud of
- Increase in pedestrian ways around town
- Creating clear zones which are bite sized and clearand could help with short and long term phasing plans
We will be raising a number of questions on some of the detail which we will be highlighting in our response.
To read the full masterplan (140 pages) please click here
To make a response to the survey please click here
Deadline SUNDAY JANUARY 6th 2019