On applying to hire The Piazza, you are agreeing, as ‘Contractor’, to the following terms and conditions:
- The Piazza is private property with public right of way and managed by agreement by Love Wimbledon, the Business Improvement District for Wimbledon town centre. Love Wimbledon reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule events at our discretion.
- The contractor must submit layouts and dimensions of promotional displays (with visuals where available) to Love Wimbledon upon application.
- Contractor must adhere to positioning and placement of all items being brought onto The Piazza, as instructed by The Piazza Manager at the time of agreement to the booking.
- Contractor must hold public liability insurance to the value of £5m or above, evidence of which must be sent to the Love Wimbledon Piazza Manager on acceptance of the booking.
- Agreed dates, trading times, and set-up dates and times of events must be strictly adhered to.
- The Piazza is pedestrianised public highway. Motor vehicles are only permitted on The Piazza area by prior arrangement. All vehicle movements onto and off The Piazza must be escorted by a banksman who must at all times walk in front of the direction of travel of the vehicle to ensure pedestrian safety. Vehicles must be moved immediately at the request of Love Wimbledon.
- Vehicles must not be left idling while stationary. Engines must be turned off when the vehicle is not being driven.
- Overnight parking is not permitted except by prior arrangement with The Piazza Manager.
- Vehicles waiting to load or unload must be held off the highway or in an area that does not impact on the traffic flow or the safety of pedestrians and surrounding tenants (Patisserie Valerie, Wahaca, Odeon, Morrisons).
- Your fixtures and equipment left on The Piazza overnight must be protected by a Guard or K9 unit provided by you. At all times, your property is on The Piazza at contractor’s own risk.
- Piazza tenants’ window displays and sight lines must not be obstructed by stalls or promotional materials. Stock or other items must not be stacked against windows or emergency exits.
- Contractor stall holders and event participants must not cause nuisance to Piazza tenants or customers and must ensure that all persons are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Contractor and event staff must ensure The Piazza area is kept free of litter at all times. Litter must be removed by contractor and disposed of according to contractor’s commercial waste operation.
- Drains in The Piazza must not be used for disposal of any liquids.
- The power source on The Piazza may be used by contractor by prior arrangement only. If power is being used, only those items that have been approved by The Piazza management may be connected to the power source. Love Wimbledon do not supply any cables or extension leads. It is the responsibility of the contractor to ensure they have the correct and sufficient cables. Contractor must ensure that any cables running where there is foot traffic are suitably covered with the appropriate safety covers.
- All Health & Safety regulations must be adhered to. Contractor may be asked to submit a Risk Assessment and/or Method Statement depending on the nature of the use of The Piazza.
- Love Wimbledon may promote the brand and activity that is booked on the Piazza, before, during or after the event booking, through our social media channels.
- Love Wimbledon may use the brand’s name and logo on our website to promote the use of The Piazza.
- Contractor stall holders and event staff must comply with current UK Health & Safety, Food Hygiene legislation and current UK Trading Standards legislation (all goods sold by weight must be sold in metric units) at all times. Officers from these organisations may visit your stand at any time.
- Goods that contravene the Trade Marks Act (Counterfeit Goods) must not be sold or advertised.
- Mobile electrical generators, portable heating appliances (eg. braziers) or liquefied petroleum gas or other appliances must not be used without the consent of Love Wimbledon.
- Where a mobile generator is permitted they must be positioned so that they do not present a danger to the passing public; they do not present a fire hazard to stalls or the building; they do not cause any noise, fumes or nuisance; fuel is stored in suitable sealed containers.
Full Payment is due prior to the event, upon acceptance and agreement of booking and on receipt of invoice.
Cancellation: A refund of any payment received, less 10% administration charge, will be issued for cancellation of your booking received 14 days or more before your event is due to take place.
A refund of 50% of any payment received will be issued for cancellations between 7-14 days before your event is due to take place.
No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 7 days before your event is due to take place.
Payment by BACS based on invoice received.
No trading licence is required for bookings as long as they remain for “sampling and promotion” and no goods are being ‘sold’. If goods are being sold, the appropriate street trading licence is required, which is to be applied for by contractor directly to London Borough of Merton. You are advised not to apply for this until your booking of The Piazza is confirmed.
By submitting an application, you are agreeing that you have read and agree to the above terms in full. Your contact throughout the duration of the hire and for all arrangements associated with your booking is: Tracy Francis – Love Wimbledon Piazza Manager – 07973 987779 – email@example.com
020 8619 2012
5th Floor, Tuition House
St George’s Road
London SW19 4EU
To receive our business newsletter, please request to be added to our database firstname.lastname@example.org