Prudential RideLondon – Sunday 10th August 2014
Be part of Love Wimbledon’s street party and celebration event
We will be closing the road from the Worple Road junction of Wimbledon Hill Road to St George’s Road/Alexandra Road. Join in our street party with fun activities and promotions – we will be having bunting, music, Elys are providing face painting and balloon modelling, and we would like you to join in too. Email us or call us on 020 8619 2012.
Prudential RideLondon cycle ride will be taking place this year on Sunday 10 August and will be passing through Wimbledon once again.
The route will enter Merton over the Coombe Lane flyover, it then passes through Raynes Park, along Worple Road to Wimbledon town centre; and then turns left up Wimbledon Hill Road, to Wimbledon Village, past Wimbledon Common to Tibbetts Corner where it exits the borough.
So, if you want to get involved here is some key information to maximise the day for your business:
- In this years ride there will be 24,000 riders – up from last years 17,000, and the aim is to raise over £12m for charity.
- With more riders taking part this year, there will be more spectators along the route, cheering on their family, friends and colleagues – especially in the afternoon and early evening – so this is your chance to get involved.
- Businesses can contact James@ridelondon.co.uk for a ‘Celebration Pack’ for your business – get some bunting and get involved.
- Get your staff involved – what can your business do on the day?
- The Charity-Venue Scheme – an opportunity for venues along the route to be teamed up with charities involved in the race as a hub for supporters. Click here for more information on the Charity-Venue Scheme.
On the practical side check out which roads will be closed and what buses etc are diverted on the RideLondon website.
- Ensure your staff are informed if this affects their journey to work – TfL journey planner is a great way to find out what is and isn’t running.
- Ensure you are not expecting deliveries or waste collections that day– make alternative arrangements.
- Access to/from the A3 in Merton will not be possible via Tibbet’s Corner and Coombe Lane flyover.
- No Parking will be permitted on the route from midnight on Sunday 10 August, and by 5am the route will be cleared of any cars left parked. Normal restrictions will apply in surrounding roads.
This year Prudential RideLondon will be hosting an online business directory, showcasing the fantastic businesses and services around the route throughout London and Surrey. If you are a business located on or close to any of the Prudential RideLondon routes, you can be listed in the Prudential RideLondon Business Directory free of charge.
The business directory aims to support businesses by incentivising customers to visit your business on alternative days before, after or even during the festival event weekend. The online directory will be live six weeks before and six weeks after the Prudential RideLondon festival weekend, from 23 June until 22 September. Businesses listings are free of charge and you are welcome to make an exclusive offer to customers too. If you are interested in creating a listing for your business, please contact Danielle to recieve a template to complete. Entries need to be submitted by 16th June.
For more information on RideLondon please contact James Taylor, RideLondon Engagement Manager via email or tel. 0207 902 0200 ext. 203.