Booking terms for trading at any of our markets
Love Wimbledon Ltd. (hereinafter called ‘The Company’) is hereby deemed the organiser of the Piazza Markets.
We want you to do well at our market and we want our market to do well with the visiting public. Love Wimbledon is the principle brand for Wimbledon town centre and so we set our own high standards that we aspire and adhere to. When you are at our market, you are representing that brand and so we ask that you ensure that the appearance of your stall, your dress code and your communication with the public are in keeping with our high standards. We also ask that once you book, that you keep your booking and that you pay for your stall promptly by the due date.
If you have booked in advance we expect you to honour your booking just as we do. When the market is fully booked, we operate a waiting list for each individual market. If you are holding a confirmed place which you then do not keep, it is often too late for the waiting trader to accept at short notice, so please bear this in mind when booking or accepting a place.
Please read these conditions carefully before completing your registration form. The conditions are included to safeguard both you as a trader and the company as an organiser. On completion of your registration form you must tick the box that indicates that you have read and will comply with these terms and conditions.
- Full payment is due upon receipt of invoice or on the due date given in the invoice, whichever is later.
- We will invoice traders prior to each market. Payments should be by BACS only to account number 42666060 Sort Code 30-99-66.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKING BY THE TRADER
- Your place and your commitment to pay for your stall booking applies upon our confirmation email to you that your booking has been accepted. In the event that a trader wishes to cancel their booking the following rules apply:
- You may cancel your booking at any time up until the payment due date, without consequence
- If payment is not received by the due date, your booking will be cancelled by us, the invoice will be cancelled, no payment will be due and your stall will be given to another trader, without further notice
- If you wish to cancel after payment has been made, no refund will be given. At our sole discretion on a case by case basis, we may allow payment to apply to a future market booking.
ACCEPTANCE, COMPLIANCE POLICY, TRADER RESPONSIBILITY
- All bookings must list the products that the trader wishes to sell. The organiser reserves the right to reject applications, and to dismiss stalls on the day of the event or during the event or to force the exclusion of the sale of particular products if it is deemed that the products on sale do not match the description detailed in the registration form, or for any other reason at the organiser’s discretion.
- All traders comply with being single-use plastic free (you do not sell, use or supply your product with any single-use plastic)
- Your stall must be set up and you must be ready to trade by 11am each day. Failure to do so may result in your not being allowed to trade.
- You cannot begin setting up prior to 9.30am on the first day of the market.
- You may not share your stall with another trader without prior permission from Love Wimbledon.
- No generators are allowed at the market.
- All traders must have a banner that represents their company name or products.
- All traders must bring a good quality tablecloth(s)
- If your display is not up to our standards, you will be asked and must comply with the necessary changes we may ask you to make
- Stalls will remain up overnight and traders may leave belongings in their stall overnight at owner’s risk. Love Wimbledon takes no responsibility for loss or damage to traders’ belongings. We will have a security guard on site for some overnight hours.
- The trader undertakes to remain for the entire duration of the event, and for the full trading hours.
- Any decision to leave an event before its end time will be deemed unacceptable by the company. Only in the most exceptional circumstances and then only by agreement with the company representative on hand at the time, will a trader be allowed to leave before the stated end time of the event.
- All food traders are required to have a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Any power supply brought by a trader (eg. gas cylinder), whether hired to or owned by the trader, will have the appropriate certification, and trader undertakes to comply with all manufacturer recommendations for the use of such supply.
- It is the responsibility of all traders selling food to comply with the current environmental health and trading standards legislation and to have training certificates displayed for public view where appropriate. In all cases, the organiser must consider the local environmental health representative decision on any hygiene issue to be final.
DRIVING ON THE PIAZZA
- The Piazza is a pedestrianised public highway. Vehicles driven onto the Piazza for the purpose of loading and unloading, will be driven with the utmost care and attention to members of the public, other traders, market stalls and retailers’ premises. All vehicle movements onto and off The Piazza must be escorted by a banksman who must at all times walk in front of the direction of travel of the vehicle to ensure pedestrian safety.
- Vehicles driven onto the Piazza will remain solely and exclusively for the purpose of loading and unloading and will be removed immediately said purpose is completed, such completion to be carried out with expedience and safety.
- Any penalty notices issued to traders by parking enforcement officers at any time in any location are the sole liability of the trader/vehicle driver.
- Any vehicles parked in line with the “pavement”/walking path of the Broadway, are parked illegally and are liable to be issued a Parking Charge Notice. Vehicles must pull completely onto the Piazza area to be off the public highway.
- Position of stall – the position of the allocated space for each trader cannot be guaranteed by the market organiser. The market organiser reserves the right to position the stalls in any configuration it deems fit within the allocated total market space. Preferences of positions will be considered and allocated to traders wherever possible, priority given to regular traders and thereafter on a first come first served basis.
- All traders must use the Love Wimbledon gazebos provided unless otherwise agreed.
- It is the trader’s responsibility to check the stability of the tables provided and ensure the leg locking mechanism is in place, and that the table is suitable for the products being placed upon them.
- Traders are supplied with one 3m x 3m gazebo, and 1 x 6ft Tressle table as part of their stall fee.
STREET TRADING LICENCE
- All traders will require a Street Trading Licence for every day that they trade. Upon booking confirmation, trader will be sent a special application form which must be completed, signed and returned to the market organiser, along with any required documentation (ie. Public Liability Insurance to £5m, Proof of ID, and for food traders Level 2 Hygiene Certificates, Gas Safety certificate if applicable).
- Street trading licences will be sent directly to the trader from London Borough of Merton. Applications and queries are through the market organiser.
- There is no additional fee payable for the Street Trading Licence. The fee is inclusive in our stall trading fee payable to Love Wimbledon.
CANCELLATION OF EVENT BY THE COMPANY
- Should an event be cancelled by the company for whatever reason, the trader will be given a full refund for any stall fee payments made. The company will not be liable for any additional costs that the trader may have incurred, eg. promotional material, vehicle hire, transport, etc.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- The company will not be held responsible or liable for the following circumstances that may affect trading:
- Acts of God including all adverse weather conditions
- Public demonstrations
- Acts of terrorism
- Mechanical failure of any power supplies
- Failure of a trader to arrive at the event for whatever reason on any one day of the event’s duration.
- Accidental damage to goods
- Personal injury to a trader or member of the public in the vicinity of any trading area within the event.
REFUSAL OF FUTURE BOOKINGS
- The company reserves the right to refuse a place on any future events to traders who have wilfully failed to comply with any of the above conditions.
020 8619 2012
5th Floor, Tuition House
St George’s Road
London SW19 4EU
To receive our business newsletter, please request to be added to our database email@example.com