Booking terms for trading at any of our markets
Love Wimbledon Ltd. (hereinafter called ‘The Company’) is hereby deemed the organiser of the Piazza Markets.
We want you to do well at our market and we want our market to do well with the visiting public. Love Wimbledon is the principle brand for Wimbledon town centre and so we have our own standards that we aspire and adhere to. When you are at our market, you are representing that brand and so we ask that you ensure that the appearance of your stall, your dress code and your communication with the public are in keeping with our high standards. We also ask that once you book, that you keep your booking and that you pay for your stall promptly by the due date.
If you have booked in advance for a future market and you have had your place confirmed, please note in your diary that you have a confirmed place, no matter how far in advance you have booked. You will be reminded approx 3 weeks prior to each market, but we expect you to honour your booking just as we do. This helps us to run the market smoothly without empty, reduced or late price stalls. When the market is fully booked, we operate a waiting list for each individual market. If you are holding a confirmed place which you then do not keep, it is often too late for the waiting trader to accept at short notice, so please bear this in mind when booking or accepting a place.
Please read these conditions carefully before completing your registration form. The conditions are included to safeguard both you as a trader and the company as an organiser. They represent the minimum standards acceptable by both parties. On completion of your registration form you must tick the box that indicates that you have read and will comply with these terms and conditions.
1 Full payment is due upon receipt of invoice or on the due date given in the invoice.
2 We will invoice stallholders up to one month prior to each market. Payments should be by BACS to account number 42666060 Sort Code 30-99-66 or by card by calling 020 8944 5501.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKING BY THE TRADER
3 Your place and your commitment to pay for your stall booking applies upon our confirmation email to you that your booking has been accepted. In the event that a stallholder wishes to cancel his/her booking the following rules apply:
- a) if cancellation is given in writing prior to our invoice being issued to you, no fees apply.
- b) if cancellation is given in writing after the issue of our invoice, we will make best efforts to find a suitable replacement trader and, if successful, the invoice may be cancelled and no payment may be due, at our discretion.
- c) if cancellation is given in writing up to 7 days prior to the market date, payment remains due in full and no refunds will apply for those who have already paid. Non attendance at a market you have booked for will result in full payment of your booking being due with no exceptions, and cancellation of any subsequent bookings you may have.
ACCEPTANCE AND COMPLIANCE POLICY
4 All bookings for events must contain detailed information of the products that are proposed for sale at the event. The organiser reserves the right to reject applications should certain criteria not be met. The organiser further reserves the right to dismiss stalls on the day of the event or during the event or to force the exclusion of the sale of particular products if it is deemed that the products on sale do not match the description detailed in the registration form, or for any other reason at the organiser’s discretion.
5 It is the responsibility of all traders selling food to comply with the current environmental health and trading standards legislation and to have training certificates displayed for public view where appropriate. In all cases, the organiser must consider the local environmental health representative decision on any hygiene issue to be final.
- All traders are required to have their own Public Liability Insurance.
- All food traders are required to have a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- All traders comply with being single-use plastic free (you do not sell, use or supply your product with any single-use plastic)
- Images of your products and/or display at a similar event will be required and forms part of your application (this can include your website address or facebook page)
- Trading hours are 11am-6pm for monthly and Christmas markets.
- Food Market trading hours are 12pm-9pm on Aug 5th & Sep 3rd 2022.
- Your stall must be set up and you must be ready to trade by 11am each day. Failure to do so may result in your not being allowed to trade.
- You cannot begin setting up prior to 9.30am on the first day of the market.
- You may not share your stall with another trader without prior permission from Love Wimbledon.
- All traders must use the Love Wimbledon gazebos provided unless otherwise agreed.
- All traders must have a banner that represents their company name or products.
- All traders must trade for the full trading hours of each trading day.
- All traders must bring a good quality tablecloth(s)
- All traders must not use any single use plastics on their stall (this includes carrier bags, food containers, cutlery, straws)
- If your display is not up to our standards, you will be asked and must comply with the necessary changes we may ask you to make
- Stalls will remain up overnight and traders may leave belongings in their stall overnight if they wish, but this is left at owner’s risk and Love Wimbledon take no responsibility for loss or damage to traders’ belongings. We will have a security guard on site for some overnight hours. In inclement weather, the stalls may be removed at the end of the trading day and reerected on the second trading day, in which case traders’ belongings will need to be removed at the end of the first trading day and cannot be left overnight.
6 Position of stall – the position of the allocated space for each trader cannot be guaranteed by the market organiser. The market organiser reserves the right to position the stalls in any configuration it deems fit within the allocated total market space. Preferences of positions will be considered and allocated to traders wherever possible, priority given to regular traders and thereafter on a first come first served basis.
7 All traders are responsible for their own Public Liability Insurance. That insurance must be for a minimum of 2 million pounds.
8 A valid copy of the trader’s public liability insurance is required prior to each event that you are trading at.
CANCELLATION OF EVENT BY THE COMPANY
9 Should an event be cancelled by the company for whatever reason, the trader will be given a full refund for any stall fee payments made. The company will not be liable for any additional costs that the trader may have incurred, eg. promotional material, vehicle hire, transport, etc.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
10 The company will not be held responsible or liable for the following circumstances that may affect trading:
- Acts of God including all adverse weather conditions
- Public demonstrations
- Acts of terrorism
- Mechanical failure of any power supplies
- Failure of a trader to arrive at the event for whatever reason on any one day of the event’s duration.
- Accidental damage to goods
- Personal injury to a trader or member of the public in the vicinity of any trading area within the event.
11 It is the trader’s responsibility to ensure that all scheduled times are kept. Failure to arrive at the appointed set up time could result in a stall being refused permission to set up on the day.
12 The trader undertakes to remain for the entire duration of the event, and for the trading times each day, as specified on the event information details.
13 Attendance of only part of the event must be negotiated prior to the event and only exceptional circumstances will be considered.
14 Any decision to leave an event before its completion will be deemed unacceptable by the company. Only in the most exceptional circumstances and then only by agreement with the company representative on hand at the time, will a trader be allowed to leave before the stated completion day and time of the event.
15 The Piazza is a pedestrianised public highway. Vehicles driven onto the Piazza for the purpose of loading and unloading, will be driven with the utmost care and attention to members of the public, other traders, market stalls and retailers’ premises. All vehicle movements onto and off The Piazza must be escorted by a banksman who must at all times walk in front of the direction of travel of the vehicle to ensure pedestrian safety.
16 Vehicles driven onto the Piazza will remain solely and exclusively for the purpose of loading and unloading and will be removed immediately said purpose is completed, such completion to be carried out with expedience and safety.
17 Any power supply brought by a trader (eg. gas cylinder), whether hired to or owned by the trader, will have the appropriate certification, and trader undertakes to comply with all manufacturer recommendations for the use of such supply.
18 Any penalty notices issued to traders by parking enforcement officers at any time in any location are the sole liability of the trader/vehicle driver.
19 It is the trader’s responsibility to check the stability of the tables provided and ensure the leg locking mechanism is in place, and that the table is suitable for the products being placed upon them.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION REQUESTS BY THE TRADER
19 Any concerns or requests for special considerations must be communicated in writing to the organisers with the initial application. Any matters arising after such time should be communicated in writing at the earliest opportunity. Issues raised during or after an event are likely to have less chance of being resolved.
REFUSAL OF FUTURE BOOKINGS
20 The company reserves the right to refuse a place on any future events to traders who have wilfully failed to comply with any of the above conditions.
020 8619 2012
5th Floor, Tuition House
St George’s Road
London SW19 4EU
To receive our business newsletter, please request to be added to our database email@example.com