There will be some short-term disruption to Wimbledon services between 5 – 28 August 2017 while work to extend platforms at London Waterloo is underway.
The planned Waterloo works will allow longer trains with more seats and more space for passengers. Revised timetables for this period are available now.
Please visit National Rail to plan your journey or visit Train Service Information to view and download your timetable, and download the updated passenger leaflet, a guide to travel during the Waterloo & South West Upgrade.
There will also be works on a number of weekends throughout 2017 which will also reduce the number of trains in service. If travelling during weekends, please check planned engineering works.
During August, the impact on your journey will vary depending on when and where you travel but as fewer trains will be running your journey might be changed in the following ways, even if you are not travelling into London:
- The majority of stations will have fewer train services
- Services and stations will be busier than usual, especially in the morning and evening peaks on weekdays
- Some journeys are likely to take longer
- There will be queuing systems outside some stations
- A small number of stations will be closed
- Other operators’ services will also be busier while passengers take alternative routes, including London Underground
Please plan ahead by checking all the stations you typically use: your home and work locations. For more details please visit South West Trains.