Love Wimbledon Business Improvement District (BID) started in April 2012 after a successful ballot of the businesses in a specified geographic area of Wimbledon Town Centre. The BID won a strong mandate from the businesses to commence a third term from 2022 with a majority yes vote of 85% representing a rateable value of 92%.
LOVE WIMBLEDON OBJECTIVES
Better Places, Spaces and Experience
What makes a town centre? People, businesses and places. Love Wimbledon will continue to invest in, seek funding for and work to improve placemaking through planting, creative installations and cleanliness. We want to see people choosing to have a business in Wimbledon, visitors having a good experience of Wimbledon and for it to be a place of choice to work.
Support and Promote Businesses and the Town Centre
With strong marketing comes a clear message. The aim is to entice customers and employees through energetic and inspirational marketing. By letting people know news about Wimbledon, what is happening and working to engage users, businesses are able to benefit from the raised profile.
Greener and More Sustainable
A varied choice of shops and office-based businesses, greener streets and buildings which address environmental concerns. We have big ambitions and want to lobby to reduce traffic impact and improve air quality. Our businesses have greener aspirations for the town centre and we will work towards that goal.
Here for Businesses
We are a dynamic and inventive BID that lobbies passionately on behalf of businesses and works to achieve excellence in all projects delivered.
- Love Wimbledon is a not for profit organisation owned and led by local businesses within the BID Boundary – Wimbledon Town Centre.
- We are funded by a levy from BID businesses based on the rateable value of their property and have invested £2.5 million into the town centre in 5 years.
- All BID levy paying businesses are automatically company members and are encouraged to put themselves forward to sit on Love Wimbledon’s steering groups and boards.
- Love Wimbledon has a baseline agreement with Merton Council which ensures its improvements and services are over and above those provided by the council.
- Love Wimbledon was awarded the illustrious BID Accreditation quality mark in 2021. This quality mark confirms that Love Wimbledon is well managed, has strong governance arrangements in place and complies with the Legislation and Regulations which govern Business Improvement Districts.