The Mayor’s Business Climate Challenge (BCC)
In 2022 we successfully secured funding and support from the Greater London Authority for the Mayor’s Business Climate Challenge (BCC) to help local businesses reduce their carbon emissions and energy bills.
This presented a fantastic opportunity for Love Wimbledon Businesses to participate in a London wide program involving 250 businesses across the city working in collaboration to achieve the mayor’s target for London to become net zero by 2030.
Wimbledon’s participants are receiving and have received support from market leading firms WSP and Turner Townsend. This has included:
- A full building energy efficiency audit worth an estimated £6,000. To identify ways to reduce energy use.
- A full recommendation report, with bespoke recommendations including “quick wins” for energy conservation, deeper retrofits, and a roadmap of actions to reach net zero emissions.
- Training sessions for staff to instil energy-efficient practices.
- Ongoing one to one support with energy consultants.
- Access to the IO-Gen energy management platform to track real time energy usage
For questions, contact Craig Hurring, CEO Love Wimbledon BID on 020 8619 2012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Business Climate Challenge can be found here.