A Great Place for Business
Wimbledon is a town that doesn’t stay still. There are a number of developments either happening or about to happen, of different scales and in different locations.
- Future Centre Court Shopping refurbishment
- Polka Theatre refurbishment, extension and street scene changes
- St Marks Place refresh
- New Wimbledon Theatre, new public space to improve customer experience
- Wellington House – ‘A’ grade office space at the foot of Wimbledon Hill
- New 179 room hotel on The Broadway
- Refurbishment of a seven storey office block on Worple Road
For both businesses and customer we remain a key South West London destination. The BID welcomed some great new street facing businesses into Wimbledon in 2017-18 including:
How would you describe a typical person in Wimbledon? You simply can’t! They are culturally diverse and all-ages, the town is accessible to everyone.
Some local facts:
- Very high concentration of people with degrees
- Loyal and affluent customers
- Highest membership of MENSA is reportedly in SW19
- An active student population comes from two English language schools and Wimbledon College of Art part of UAL
- High proportion of professionals (24-35), families and empty nesters
- Tennis fans are welcomed every summer
We like to eat out, we like to play and we care about the town. This gives employers a really strong community to employ from as well as easy access to the whole of South West London. It is only 15 minutes to Waterloo!
That’s why businesses Choose Wimbledon.