Great business, Great customers in Wimbledon
Wimbledon is a town that doesn’t stay still. There are a number of developments either happening or about to happen, of different scales and in different locations.
- Future Centre Court Shopping refurbishment
- Polka Theatre refurbishment, extension and street scene changes
- St Marks Place refresh
- New Wimbledon Theatre, new public space to improve customer experience
- Wellington House – ‘A’ grade office space at the foot of Wimbledon Hill
- New 179 room hotel on The Broadway
- 22WR – Cutting edge 7 storey workspace hub in Central Wimbledon
New bars, new shops, news places to eat, Wimbledon has brought in some fresh businesses. The town has always been a place of firsts; Office, Sticks’n’Sushi, Uniqlo, HMV Curzon and Polka Theatre (first children’s theatre) helping businesses test the water before they roll out. If you have a brand or business idea, do speak with us.
The Face of our High Street
For both businesses and customer we remain a key South West London destination. The BID welcomed some great new street facing businesses into Wimbledon in including:
How would you describe a typical person in Wimbledon?
Some say, they like to eat out, they like to play and they care about the town. Some say you simply can’t! They are culturally diverse and all-ages, the town is accessible to everyone.
This gives employers a really strong community to employ from as well as easy access to the whole of South West London. It is only 15 minutes to Waterloo! That’s why businesses Choose Wimbledon.
Some Local Facts:
- Very high concentration of people with degrees
- Loyal and affluent customers
- Highest membership of MENSA is reportedly in SW19
- An active student population comes from two English language schools and Wimbledon College of Art part of UAL
- High proportion of professionals (24-35), families and empty nesters
- Tennis fans are welcomed every summer