Wimbledon Town Centre – the Heart of SW19 for Business
Wimbledon is an international brand, known and loved for the tennis championships and quintessential ‘British’ character. Wimbledon Town Centre is the beating heart of SW19 all year round. With an enviable café and restaurant scene, a great selection of shops, fun entertainment, excellent transport and quick connections to central London – it’s the ideal area to set up a business.
Why locate your business in Wimbledon?
Look at these stats:
- It is the best connected transport hub in London with train, tube, tram, buses and 6 car parks
- It’s only 16 minutes from central London
- There’s a range of office space from start ups, SMEs to over thirty HQs based here
- 15,000 employees in 600 businesses
- Crime figures are low – Wimbledon is one of the safest town centres in London
- Shop vacancy rates are low
- Footfall is strong – 35 million people come through Wimbledon Train Station every year
- Staff feedback about working in Wimbledon is very positive
It’s a great area:
- Residents are described as successful and affluent with over 60% being qualified to degree-level and the average annual household income being over £70,000.
- Our thriving arts community includes Wimbledon Bookfest and the International Wimbledon Music Festival
- There are over 100 events held in the town every year
- Where else has Wimbledon tennis?
And you can get the great benefits of being part of the Love Wimbledon BID.
There is more information about Wimbledon on the websites of Merton Chamber of Commerce and Merton Council.